2009 has been an amazing year for me. And it will definitely be one of my favourite years of my life.Here are some highlights of 2009 for me (those that i can remember at this particular moment at least. I might also mix up some of the timeline but heck,i feel old already anyway :P)
– Fresh off the 2-month nightmare of internship at Cold Storage, headed back to uni for a brand new semester.It was the final semester of my 2nd year and I can barely (actually can’t at all) remember the subjects I took but it was one of the HARDEST and most torturing semester i’ve had in UCSI. But once again, by His grace, He saw me through and i came out victorious. =)
– Had my FIRST outing with all of the AAM Mods along with Joyce and Eunice.Was also the first time i got to met a few of them in person after forming AAM (: Sweet times,sweet times indeed.
– Becky, my pet dog of 14 years, passed away while i was at Cheras.Sometimes I hear the neighbour’s dogs barking and still think that it’s her,forgetting that she’s no longer here. i still miss her.
– CNY! Met my crazy cousins again after they were back from Aussie (:
– Ran for my life from an imaginary fire. But not without taking my laptop with me first!
– Redeemed Rally! The last CF rally i’ll ever be involved in,sadly.
– One of, if not, the most exciting,happening and crazy month in the entire year. April 8-11 will never be the same for me. In the span of this 4 days, I was blessed enough to meet,greet,shake the hand,take a picture,and hug the guy who’s had such a tremendous impact on my life. The guy who brought much joy,smiles and laughter, and best of all,the amazing friends I would not have gotten to know without him. It was the week I met David in person. The week i got to hear him sing with my own ears. The week that he took a picture with about a hundred AAM-ers as a group. That was a week i’ll never forget. As crazy as it was to plan everything, and as much as it hurts having to see the true colors of other people you have regarded as your friends, it was worth it in the end.
– Start of the final year in UCSI. And the beginning of the nightmare,that is the Thesis that comes along with the semester.
– First time I took such drastic actions to eliminate a moth. With the help of a few friends.
– Bid farewell to the 2nd home in Cheras where I’ve stayed for the past 1.5 years.
– CF Camp! The last one i’ll get to join,sadly 😦
– 1st year Anniversary of AAM. It was hard to believe a year has already flew by since it all started.
– Final semester of classroom studies in UCSI.
– Took my very last examination ever and bid farewell to the Exam Hall for good (:
– Went to 2 schools to conduct a survey for the thesis. Children are so innocent (well,some) and adorable.
– Attended a different church for the first time after 7 years and felt happy there.Learnt a ton and caused me to re-think certain things and making a choice.
– I turned 21! (: And was privileged to celebrate it multiple times with people i love.
– Went on a roadtrip to Malacca with lovely people and then a holiday to Penang with an amazing family and good friend (: Going to those 2 places i have not been to in AGES within 1 month – that,i feel a sense of accomplishment!lol.
– Had my first encounter with snatch thieves & lost my 2.5 yr old beloved SE phone, along with 3 stitches as a souvenir lol.
– Spent Christmas with good friends and family.
– Being a part of something big, most probably for the last time with these people and in this setting.
– Spending quality time with the crazy cousins i love dearly.From sleepovers to mamaks to lala picture taking, I enjoyed every single moment. And learnt to treasure them even more being reminded that they are the only cousins and relatives i’m close and can connect with.
– Finally making the decision that I have put off for so long and taking that step of faith to believe that this choice I made will help me grow in Him.
– Did not attend Watchnight service for the first time in years lol. Instead,went up to Look Up point with an overview of the whole of KL with 3 friends and welcomed the new year with a bang.
Indeed, it wasn’t all good and happy times. There were plenty of bad experiences, horrid memories and tears of disappointment and regret. I would say that the share of the good and bad times were pretty equal although I seem to be able to recall only more of the good ones (which is a good thing heh). But all in all,2009 has been such a memorable year for me – good or bad. I dare say I’ve grown to be more mature,albeit slightly. But you know what they say, slow and steady wins the race hahaha. But yeah, I’ve come to have a slightly different perspective in how I see things. And also come to learnt that people can change in a matter of time. And i only hope that in 2010, I will be a better person. That I will see things through His perspective and in a more mature, godly manner. To have a better character and attitude towards life and towards people. It is hard, but I hope that as i look back on 31st December 2010, I will be able to say, “Thank You Lord for all that i’ve learnt and become this year.”
As for 2009, thank You Father for everything! For Your constant love and faithfulness,and EVERY single day that You were with me, through thick and thin. Your mercies are indeed new every morning!
So here’s wishing each and every one of you a very Happy and Blessed New Year! And may 2010 be an even greater year!